Friday, October 23, 2009

A Mother's Journey (Kleenex Warning)

Today is my birthday. Not my favorite day of the year. Unlike most of my family (especially the boys), I’m not fond of hoopla, surprises or an audience. OK – I do love an audience…I am a writer, musician and public speaker, however NOT on my birthday.

My ideal birthday is a day of quiet reflection. So today, I’m going to share with you my first short story – just written two months ago. It’s a peek into my soul – a mother’s reflection on the year long journey with my son Eli’s Type 1 Diabetes. If you are a parent or have a child that you love deeply, please read my story.

Still deciding whether or not to attempt to jump into the enduring process of begging to get my short story published, I shared A Mother’s Journey with a friend a few weeks ago and asked for her feedback. Her words to me were so moving, “Reading your story felt as if you had given me a key to enter your soul. I was inside your head – not sure whether or not I was allowed to be there. I want more.”

I hope my story moves you as well.

Copy and paste link into your browser:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0Afd_hPIdgsb9ZGQ3OTRyODVfMGMyNzZmbmZ3&hl=en

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! This story isn't just a story, but a true life story. Kristy, you're so brave to share such challenges. Thank you! A Mothers Journey made me cry and made me appreciate what God does for us. He's so good.

    ReplyDelete